Search

Back to MalaMala

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to MalaMala

Hi All

Haven't been on here for a long time, but am leaving for MalaMala on Thursday and I am remembering something on one of my rare comments in the last six months that I am supposed to be emailing someone, I am sorry but I don't remember who, so if that was you, please make contact again with your email details and I shall look at this for the next few days! Sorry, it clearly slipped my poor old brain!!!

Kind regards

Kaye
Old Jul 11th, 2010, 05:12 AM

Kaye--
I was hoping to hear your thoughts about your time Pafuri but I don't think you ever wrote about it - do you have a second to give your opinion? We're booked for this October so if you found it really awful you don't have to be brutally honest

Leslie
Old Jul 11th, 2010, 07:59 PM

Kaye,

Here's wishing you a great time ....... and hello to Gordon, if he's around.

Regards
Hari
Old Jul 11th, 2010, 11:14 PM

Nice to hear from you Kaye, missed you. Sure you'll have wonderful time as always. How about when you get back telling us a bit about what's new there.

regards - tom
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 12:19 AM

Hi Kaye, would love to hear your impressions on MalaMala when you return.
Regards, Onne
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Original Poster

Hi Leslie,
I like Pafuri, it was very scenic and some nice wildlife viewing, certainly not great, but I was not expecting it to be, so was not disappointed! The tents were lovely. The only problem for me was the full day we were there it was 42 degrees C, so stinking hot and the fan didn't even make a mark, so that was a negative so being there in October this should not be so much of an issue! A few nights would be enough for me simply because I am on my way to MalaMala and I used it as a half-way stop even though it wasn't halfway at all! This coming January, I will be going further and stopping halfway and I am also not wanting to be there in January again, too hot by a long shot!
Thanks Tom and Hari, of course, I will be having a fantastic time, some sightings of sable bulls that I am also hoping to see! I think they have had a few over the last month or so and also some big lion interactions with a few being killed over the last month or so, both male and female! And of course, the changing of the guard with quite a few of the older female leopards now dead, the Kapen, Ngoboswan, White Cloth and Newington Females to name a few!
Hi Onne, I can give you my impressions of MM now as I have been quite a few times - I absolutely love it - they have the best gameviewing and when it is just me going there, I stay there my entire trip! Was there in January with a niece, so will be there by myself this time and cannot wait for the horrible 32+ plane trip to be over, but by Sth African time on friday afternoon I will be gameviewing and that is what I am waiting for!!!!
Kind regards
Kaye
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 05:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kaye, have a great trip!
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Original Poster

many thanks Leely, I know I shall!

Kind regards

Kaye
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 05:39 AM

Thanks Kaye for your opinion of Pafuri.
Hope you have a stellar trip!
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 06:19 AM

Hi Kaye,
I am hoping you will write a report about your time in MalaMala. We are planning a South African adventure for next July....knowing that was the best "game viewing"....Now we hear it is freezing that time of year, particularly at night and on the early morning drives. Can you give us an update on the weather and other notes from your journey?