Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone used Wonders of Creation Tours and Safaris??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All: I was asking before about Wonderful Tours but didn't have their right name . . . they are actualy Wonders of Creation Tours and Safaris in Arusha. Has any one taken a tour or safaria with them in Tanzania? I've contacted several of the safari companies that have been suggested by all of you, but this company so far has the best price for what I want to do. So, I'm hoping someone has heard of them or travelled with them now that I actually have the correct name. Please let me know, I have to make a decision really soon and get booked. I'm leaving for Tanzania March 15 and I'm concerned I won't get a booking now. Thanks for your help yet again!!

Sue
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 12:34 PM

Hi Savannah,

You might want to ask them for references. I've done that in the past and got what I felt were straight forward email replies from the people I chose to email out of the long lists I was provided. Even got some criticism in one case which led me to go with another company. Wouldn't hurt to ask anyway.

Good luck,
Jack
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Original Poster

Jack . . I think I'll do just that. It certainly can't hurt and if they are put out by my request . . . oh well!!
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 05:54 AM

If they're put out by your request, then they should be put out by you!
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 03:35 PM

Sue,

I think Patty gave you the link for the list of licensed operators as well as the TATO link. If the company is listed and they can provide you with several references, you should be okay. Check! the references, of course.

For what it's worth, on our last trip we used a mid-sized, mid-range company that "no one" had ever heard of. No one on Fodor's, anyway. I did, however, see a few favorable postings on the Lonely Planet Thorn Tree. As it turned out, they were great, and most if not all of their clientele is European. In fact, we would be using them again if they hadn't priced out a bit higher than other operators for the itinerary we wanted this time.

Alwaysafrica and her husband used EASTCO (East African Safari and Tours Company...I think); I'm pretty sure they were very competitively priced, so you may want to check them out if $ is a concern. Also, alwaysafrica and husband did a lot of trekking, so if that's an interest of yours...
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 03:52 PM

And, yes, I see they're listed with TATO and the tourism board. If you get good feedback from former clients and they're not pricing out suspiciously low--as in that's-just-not-possible low--you'll most likely be fine. I'd be most concerned if they promise you an itinerary that just doesn't make any sense.

Good luck!