Anyone used Leopard Travels in East Africa

Sep 2nd, 2005, 11:04 PM
Original Poster

Anyone used Leopard Travels in East Africa

Hi all,
Anyone used Leopard travels before in Kenya-Tanzania?

thanks!
Sep 3rd, 2005, 07:37 AM

I've heard of Leopard Tours in Arusha, but not Leopard travels. Do you have a website for Leopard travels? Are they US based, Kenya/Tanzania based, or somewhere else?
Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Oh I didnt know it is called Leopard Tours. Yes it is the same one based out of Arusha.
Do you have any experience with them?
Sep 3rd, 2005, 12:02 PM

I've heard of Leopard Tours, too, but haven't used them. I feel like once upon a time someone on this board did in fact book with them, so you may want to do a search.

If you've been working with them and you're satisfied with the itinerary, price and customer service you're getting, I'd go for it. I used an "unknown" (on Fodor's, but not on Lonely Planet's Thorn Tree) operator for our first trip and we were very satisfied. In fact, if they could offer us a bit more of an a la carte safari this time, I would be using them again no question.

One thing I did do was make sure they were registered with TATO and TTB. Not to say that there aren't operators who provide great services and yet aren't registered, it's just I felt more comfortable sending $ to one I knew was part of an official tourist organization.

I also asked for contact info from former clients. I emailed about three or four and received glowing responses from all, including recommendations for specific driver/guides. So that set my mind at ease.

Hey, let's take a gander at your itinerary. That's the fun part, right?
Sep 3rd, 2005, 12:32 PM

Hi, I googled Leopard Tours (anything not to clean my house today!), and came up with this thread:

http://www.aardvarktravel.net/chat/v...ic.php?t=12717

So much of this is opinion and conjecture...really hard to suss it all out.

I've had fantastic customer service with Roy Safaris and ATR and went last time with Easy Travel and Tours (but they will tend to give you something "standard" if this makes a difference to you--can be luxury standard, though).

Others recommend Good Earth (TZ), Africa Serendipity (US based, I think), Predator (depends on which guide you get, although I think that's always the case!), Eastern and Southern Safaris, Southern Cross out of Mombasa.

And of course there are many others.

Search this Thread