Anyone hear of Macato tours?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking of a tour to South Africa and Macato tours was recommended. Has anyone traveled with them? Comments?
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 11:13 AM

I believe you are referring to Micato tours. I have never heard anything but good things about them. You could do a Text search and get some information.
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 11:51 AM

Yes, it is Micato Tours and they have a very good reputation.
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 12:04 PM
sandi

Last I knew (having checked them out years back before going to Kenya) they specialize in East Africa only - but with the market ever changing, they might well be doing South Africa these days.

I do recall that they are in the higher end of prices, but like anything else check them out and compare.

Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 06:46 PM
wj1

Yes, I took a winged safari tour of Kenya with them. We thought they were wonderful and I would highly recommend them. I didn't realize that they had tours in South Africa. Great if they do!
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 03:40 PM

They are the best. My husband and I went on our honeymoon with their tour in Kenya & Tanzania and we couldn't have been happier. Very personalized service. The owner even meets and greets you. They arranged a surprise bush dinner one night which was magical (we were not charged for it). They also put special gifts each night under our pillows.
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:14 AM

We loved our trip with them last year so much that we went again with them this year!

And,we would be going with them again next year, except my mom wants us to meet her up in Alaska for a week. I just couldn't find a good way to say no to an 84 yr old mom...

Definitely a highly recommended company - do a search on my name and you will come up with two trip reports - one from last year finished, and one from this year in the works.
Also do a search on 'hausfrau', she just finished her wonderful trip report with Micato in February!

And, if you need any further info, please don't hesitate to ask - we haven't done South Africa with them (yet), but I can give you general information.
Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 07:14 AM

yes - they do south africa and botswana now. we loved our trip with them to kenya and tanzania last year and just had friends go to south africa with them and they sad it was excellent. They are on the higher end price wise, but they do an exceptional job in my opinion.
Old Aug 6th, 2007, 04:53 AM

I did their winged Kenya trip a few years ago and would not hesitate to go with them again. They were wonderful and they will take very care of you every step of the way. Have never had such great personalized service with any other company I have traveled with. I would recommend them without any reservations, but yes, they are probably more expensive than several others. Sometimes that peace of mind is worth the extra expense. Enjoy!
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 09:17 PM

Yes. I just returned from two weeks on safari with Micato in Kenya and Tanzania and they are truly OUTSTANDING. Everyone in my group had only glowing things to say about the entire experience. Everything was seamless, and they bent over backwards to make every day special. Our guides were absolutely excellent. I would return to Africa with them in a heartbeat. Yes, they take groups to South Africa as well.