Airline tickets Johannesburg/Cape Town

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be flying round trip in October. There seem to be several airlines that do this trip. Do you have any experience making this flight and any recommendation as to which airline I should contact. How far in advance is it necessary to make reservations.
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 09:06 AM

www.kayak.com

I got a flight round trip from JFK to Joberg on Iberia for $997. We have a layover in Madrid.
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 10:16 AM

Are you asking about flying between these two cities or flying TO one of them from another country?
Old Feb 21st, 2007, 04:35 AM

Djoycejones
From what I can see you are flying from the States - if you can go direct with either Delta or SAA - less flying times and times zones etc.
Iberia - personal experience - not a mad fan of these guys - unless you flying business or first don't waste your time or cash - their service in economy is shocking
What you planning on doing once you get here to SA?
Hilton
Old Feb 21st, 2007, 05:19 AM
sandi

Your best bet from the States is Delta or SAA. Contact Premier Tours in Phila, who often has "special" fares, especially in Oct/Nov. Check www.premiertours.com select their air department... better to call the 800# as their website might not be current. You can search on this board for "premier tours" (w/o the "&quot where I recently posted notice from them of their specials.

As I recall, your outgoing flight from the States should include US/JNB w/ connection to CPT, assuming CPT is your first actual stay in SA.

Call Premier.

Old Feb 21st, 2007, 05:53 AM

I looked around a bit and for me, the best (but not the cheapest) was KLM from JFK through Amsterdam. There is a quick connection in Amsterdam and then on to CapeTown with no stop in JBG.

However, I could not book seats on KLM which distresses me; supposedly I can make seat reservations 90 days before the flight, which is in September.

SAA flies direct from JFK with a refueling stop in Dakar. You cannot get dowwn fro the plane there, however. They are cheaper than KLM.