African Ringtone

Mar 20th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Original Poster

African Ringtone

I have searched and searched for a ringtone that will remind me of Africa, to no avail. I would especially like to find "Jambo". Any suggestions?
Mar 21st, 2007, 04:59 AM

I found some animal ringtones including lions and chimps. I downloaded the chimps but I can't remember where I found them-sorry! I think I just googled ringtones, animal sounds and found them.
Lily
Mar 21st, 2007, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Lily. I'll give animal sounds a try. I hadn't even thought of that.

I'm still hoping someone will know where I can go to find "Jambo Bwana". This song, although a bit of a cliche perhaps, is special as it was sung to my husband during his birthday celebration at Kirawira last year. I've tried everything I can think of to find it, to no avail. I know it is out there somewhere, because I heard it on a staff member's phone at one of the lodges.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, until then I'll continue my search - and follow up on Lily's suggestion.
Mar 21st, 2007, 07:36 AM

Linda-

Can you make a ringtone from a recording on the internet? (I am ring tone challenged & technically challenged too) If so, I can give you an ip address for Jambo Bwana sung on the internet, and, to top it all off - it's actually a really good version of it!
Mar 21st, 2007, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Lynda,

I've tried making a recording and the quality is poor, much to my disappointment... I do have a recording of Jambo being sung, but would appreciate it if you could tell me the address of the site you know about.

I am pathetic when it comes to using my mobile phone, and often don't even recognize it when it rings. Recently my husband and I were in a hotel room and our daughter was trying to reach us. I kept thinking it was our room phone that was ringing. I'm thinking that, perhaps, if I have a distinctive ringtone that is meaningful to me that I'd not only have happy memories when I hear it, but would recognize that it is, indeed, my phone that is ringing! (Plus, my grandson loves Jambo Bwana...)

Thanks!
Linda
Mar 21st, 2007, 10:46 AM

In anticipation of our upcoming trip, I set my ringtone and "ringback tone" (song played for callers while the phone rings on the other end) to Toto's "Africa".
Mar 21st, 2007, 11:43 AM

If it's "Jambo, Bwana" you want, just google it, there are lots of sites. One is (if this translates into Fodors)

http://mwanasimba.online.fr/E_songs_jambo.htm
Mar 21st, 2007, 10:08 PM

Hi Linda-

The site in the post just above this one from hguy47 is the same one that I had on my desktop!

Lynda
Mar 22nd, 2007, 08:05 PM
Original Poster

catherineb, I actually have Africa in my iTunes library. Having a Africa themed ringback is a brilliant idea!

hguy47 and Lynda, I found that website when we first got home from our safari, but had lost it. Thanks. I have a CD with Jambo on it, but the one on the Internet is a much better rendition. I also have our beloved video of the waitstaff at Kirawira parading my husband's birthday cake out singing Jambo. It is the best of all, beautiful harmony and instrumentals being performed with coffee creamers and forks... Today we arrived at our daughter/son-in-law's home for a short visit, and our 2 1/2 year old grandson has already asked to see the "Jambo Bwana" video. Tomorrow I'll play the Internet version for him.

In the meantime, I'll continue my search for an easily downloadable ringtone.

Thanks to you all.
Linda