Search

African Hotel "Do Not Disturb" Signs Needed For Travel Book

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
African Hotel "Do Not Disturb" Signs Needed For Travel Book

Hello Fellow Travelers,

I am in the process of compiling a book of "Do Not Disturb" signs from resorts and hotels around the world. Our goal is to feature 1001 signs ranging from plain to wildly creative. If you have any extra signs taking up space in your house, or if you are going on a trip soon and see a unique sign, please let us know. If we use your sign in our book, we will give you credit next to the picture as the traveler who submitted the sign.

Please include the name and location of the property where the sign is from. (we will need to contact the property for details and publication approval), as well as your name and hometown as you would like it to appear in the book. If you supply your email address, we will also keep you updated on the book's progress.

You can submit your signs to:

DND BOOK
13279 FOREST RIDGE BLVD
STERLING HEIGHTS, MI 48313-1170
USA

If you happen to have a LARGE collection of signs, please email us at [email protected] and we would be happy to arrange shipping from our FED EX account.

Many Thanks and happy travels!

Chris
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 07:41 AM

I have the "DND" sign from the Victoria Falls Hotel in Zimbabwe (and also from the Grand Hotel, Lviv, Kiev). Do you need the actual signs, or pictures? Plus, I "stole" the signs -- what's my exposure if I am credited in the book?
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 07:58 AM

Hello Chris,
I don't remember seeing any “DND” signs in Africa. At least I've never used any and definitely never stolen them. If I had Thit Cho's kleptomania problem I'd not like to have my name in the book. Who is going to buy it btw? The people who have “their” signs appear in it? If anyone would like to give me a book for Christmas I'd beg them to please, please, please to think of Moving the Maasai by Lotte Hughes instead.
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 01:01 PM

Chris, good luck with the book! What I wrote earlier was not nice, and even boring. I still don't like theft though.
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 01:08 PM

Nyamera, I have just removed you from my Christmas list and have returned that book to Barnes & Noble ;-)
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 01:23 PM

Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 08:29 PM
santharamhari

Yes, definitely wrong forum for the "DND" signs.....most camps/lodges in Africa are not the standard hotels...i can't recall seeing signs at the camps....they either have regular wooden slides/sliding doors/zippers on tents etc etc., and i think staff are attentive to induvidual attention and clean the rooms etc etc., when guests leave on their game activity....

Hari