Accommodations in Arusha, Tanzania

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 06:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 22 year old daughter will be participating in an internship in Arusha for 3 weeks starting in the middle of July. She is currently staying outside the city with a small group for a couple of weeks but will return alone. The current hotel is off the beaten path with no restaurant and no internet. Looking for a place with internet and a restaurant so that she can at least check in with someone to know her whereabouts and not have to travel outside of the hotel in the evenings for her meals. Any suggestions for a safe and reasonably priced hotel. Thank you so much, her worried mom.
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 07:28 PM

Hi Welcome everyone,!!!!! I'm new to this forum but I hope to be able to make contributions too. Really

looking forward to a fun time here. Best regards to all!!!appreciated thank you.............
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 03:45 AM

Pool, Restaurant(with very good food as the guy who owns the place is a great chef), free internet at a low price(full board for less than $100/nt) consider Ilburo Safari Lodge

http://ilborusafarilodge.com/the_rooms.html
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 09:03 AM

Maybe the Outpost, with reasonable rates and with Internet, but maybe at a fee.

There are many restaurants in/around town, but wherever one goes at night, always should take taxi to/from... just be smart!
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your recommendations, FrankS, how close to town is the Ilburo Safari Lodge, it looks quite nice, Sandi, I contacted the Outpost. Still open to any other suggestions. Many thanks.
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 12:11 PM

Ilburo is nice & quite safe inside the property, but its in the Northern suburbs(not the garden spot & on a horrible unpaved road) of Arusha
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 10:25 PM

I don't know their current rates, but I've stayed at Moivaro Lodge a couple of times. They have internet service, a restaurant and nice grounds. It's a few kilometers outside the city. There is also Olasiti Lodge in town. What does she plan to do while there on her own?
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 03:22 AM

We've stayed in Arusha at the following (with restaurant & internet). I'll "rate" them according to my preference, but would stay at any of them again:
Snow Crest Hotel
Ngurdoto Lodge
Impala Hotel
Mt Meru Game Lodge
Corridor Springs Hotel

They are all different in their own ways. I have no idea what pricing is like, but they'd have to be pretty reasonable for me to have booked
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 07:34 AM

I second the nomination of Il Buro, but agree with FrankS about the sorry state of the road, which makes even walking into town slightly unpleasant, although chatting with children and householders along the way gives a sense that one is really in Africa. ZZ
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Calo for your list, I've used it and have booked her stay for three weeks!
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 11:03 AM

And, the winner is . . . ? ZZ
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:46 PM

Glad you found the information helpful, eboy. What did you settle on for your daughter?
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Original Poster

I'm sorry I never responded to you and all of your helpful advice. My daughter stayed at the Impala last summer and they treated her very well. The waiter who served her breakfast would often sit with her in the morning, it was a nice gesture for a lonely traveler. She was able to walk to work in the morning and evening safely. Sorry this thank you comes so late!!!