10 days..tangier, fez, rabat casabalanca?

Jun 14th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

10 days..tangier, fez, rabat casabalanca?

Ok so I am flying into Sevilla Spain in late July, then taking the ferry over to Tangier (july 23) from there my plan was to go from Tangier to Fez, then Fez to Rabat then Rabat to Casablanca.
1) is this too much traveling to do in 10-11 days?
2) If I cut out rabat and just go straight from Fez to Casablanca is that better?
3)does anyone have any good recommendations for hostels in any of these cities?
4) are there bus/train lines connecting all of the above mentioned cities?

I had planned on going and winging it, but the closer this trip comes the more planning I think I should do so I don't end up lost in Africa for 10 days!
ANY help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much
you can also email me at [email protected] with tips/advice!!
Shukran,
Dione M.
Jun 14th, 2009, 11:33 AM

1)I personally think that the number of days you are planning to spend in the cities you have mentioned is pretty adequate.
2) Rabat is much more interesting than Casablanca, the latter is the city where you won't want to stay at for long.
3)Yes all the cities are connected by bus and train, I would recommend depending on the latter, more reliable and comfortable.
I would suggest adding to your list the attractive small city of Assilah-20 mins drive South of Tangier.. also Chafchaouen.
happy plannin.
Jun 14th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

thank you so much for your advice tizi001...I was thinking the same thing for Casablanca..not too long
Jun 19th, 2009, 07:07 AM

Another vote against Casablanca - worth a day, but not more. And good cheap hotels seem to be non-existent in Casa. Better options in Rabat. You might even do Casa as a day trip - there are plenty of good, quick trains. See my TR for things to do in Rabat (click on my name).
Jun 19th, 2009, 08:52 AM

You're skipping Marrakech? I would cut out Casablanca and add Marrakech. We did Tangier, Rabat, Fez and Marrakesh in 8 days I think. We did drive between cities. It was very doable, and one of our best trips ever.