Search

10 days in Morocco

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 1998, 09:05 AM
Victor

10 days in Morocco

Just returned from 10 days in Morocco. A beautiful country with wonderful people. Anyone who has interest in visiting this country, please feel free to email me for more info.

Old Jan 17th, 1998, 10:58 AM
terry

did you go to Morocco with a tour company (if so, which one and would you recommend) What were the highlights? Anythung to watch for or avoid?

Thanks in advance. I'm thinking of going in late March/early April

Old Jan 21st, 1998, 03:12 PM
normalee

Saw that you just spent l0 days in Morocco. I will be going there in March of this year. Please share some things to watch out for, what are good shopping buys or anything you think could be useful. I will be on a Trafalgar tour which also includes Spain and Portugal. Thanks.

Old Feb 9th, 1998, 04:49 PM
Herb Winston

Thanks for the opportunity to hear about Morocco. I plan to be in Casablanca for a conference (approx 5 days) after want to spend several days touring the country. I know virtually nothing about Morocco. I'd appreciate your recommendations of places to go, what to expect, and what (if any) local tour packages are worthwhile.

Thanks in advance.

Herb

Old Feb 17th, 1998, 05:52 PM
peggy l. fritz

I'm going to be in Morocco for 1 day, via crusie ship. We dock in Casablanca at 6am and leave at 7pm. I am interested in going to Marrakech for the day via train. Is this possible? Any other suggestions for getting away from Casablanca for the day would be appreciated. Big cities do not thrill me. I'd be interested in hiring a driver and car, but we are 2 women traveling alone, and I am a bit leary of doing this. Any help is appreciated.

Old Mar 1st, 1998, 08:29 AM
Elizabeth Preddy

Am going to Marakkesh and surrounding area for a week. Leaving next Sat (March 7)

Have been told that I need to be really careful. Any helpful hints on avoiding being hassled?

Also, any recommendations on places that I absolutely must see?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old Mar 6th, 1998, 01:42 PM
Bruce Bowers

Peggy, are you still looking for information re: visiting Marrakesh from Casablanca for a day? Don't- not enough time! If you want alternative ideas E me.

Old Apr 1st, 1998, 05:42 PM
chris

Victor: I'm heading to southern Spain and Morocco in the last bit of May and first of June. I'll be in Morocco for about 2 or 3 nights and then back to Spain. Are there any places you would consider musts on such a short stay? Is Casablanca worth traveling to? How about the beaches along the coast? Thanks.

Old Apr 3rd, 1998, 08:33 AM
vera scatena

hello victor,please tell me about fez & casablancaare there other cities?
is it ok to rent a car to go around? or better take a sightseeing?are the hotels too expensive?is it safe to go alone for a woman? well, plenty to answer already.thanks for your help.vera

Old Apr 22nd, 1998, 05:26 AM
M R Bell

We will be touring Andalucia is September and would like to take a day trip to Morocco. I read Tangiers is not so nice, do you agree? Would we be able to go to Rabat? We will have a car; should we take it across on the ferry? We are a couple with 3 boys, ages 15, 12 and 6. I appreciate your advice on where to go and what to see.

Old May 17th, 1998, 12:35 PM
caryn

Have you heard of Club Valtur in Agadir? Is there enough to do at an all inclusive there? How's Marakesh? Any suggestions for a female single traveller?

Old May 20th, 1998, 06:37 AM
Olympia

I'm going to Club Valtur also: the one in Agadir and a coupole of nights in the one at Marrakesh. I'd appreciate any info. anyone has. Thanks.

Old May 26th, 1998, 12:19 AM
Ferenc

I'd like to go to Morocco in June by car. Can anybody give me some information about car full insurance in Morocco? Can I insure my car at the border and how much is it? Thanks.

Old May 31st, 1998, 04:08 PM
Jerrol Burnette

hello,
I am planning a trip to Morrocco, with two friends for next spring/summer. we plan to fly to Marakesh and travel to Tangiers then to Casablanca. We hope if it is inexpensive to ferry to the south of Spain and then fly home. At this point we are just all gathering information. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I will definitely be on a budget!

Old Jun 13th, 1998, 06:40 AM
Michel

In response to Jerroll's message - If you arrive in Marrakech, you must not miss the Djemaa-el-Fna, the largest, most wonderfully absurd outdoor market I've seen. It's got everything from snake charmers to dancers to every imaginable type of "salesman". A word of warning - it's very easy to get lost! And if this is your first visit to Morocco, you'll have to get accustomed to the many "hustlers". Usually, a simple "NON MERCI" (No, thank you) does the job. From there, you can also take in the Koutoubia. Of course, unless you are Muslim, you will not be able to enter the mosque. It's approximately 6 hours by train from Marrakech to Casablanca. Personally, Casa is not my favourite city (large, bustling...). From Casa, you can head north by train toward Rabat and Tangier, a city I love for its souks (markets), and easy going pace. From Tangier, you can take a ferry to Algeciras (Spain). This trip takes about three hours. Algeciras is not a "pretty" city (busy port) but if you must make a stop there, try the Reina Cristina Hotel on the outskirts. It's great. If you want more information, please do not hesitate to write.

Old Jul 7th, 1998, 06:23 AM
Chris Collinson

Considering Club Valtur in Agadir for a honeymoon. Any experiences worth sharing? What should we see outside of the resort? Any extra-resort (golf, snorkeling, shopping, etc...)recreational information would be appreciated.

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 01:20 AM
nick

Could anyone help me? I'm looking for some typical restaurants at Marrakesh or Fez. Thanks in advance <BR>

Old Jul 28th, 1998, 02:29 PM
Linda Robbins

We're going to a conference in Braga,Portugal in 6/99 and thinking of going to Morocco.Do you know anything about the Spiritual Music Fest. in Fez?What advice can you offer for 2 women traveling there.What about guides;transportation? <BR>Thanks for your time. <BR>

Old Jan 23rd, 2000, 02:50 AM

I was thinking about maybe going to Club Valtur but there do not appear to be a lot of travel agents that book there. <BR> <BR>From what I can gather they only have air from New York so if one wants to leave from another city such as Boston, Mass thats an additional expense, travel time, and hassle. It can cost as much to go the 1 hour from Boston to NYC as it does to go to Florida, Cancun, or London. <BR> <BR>For some reason the only company that I can find that books them wont accept last minute bookings even if the hotel is near empty. Some people like to travel when they decide to go without long involved planning. <BR> <BR>As to no single supplement Ive been told that that policy has changed and that they now charge a single supplement. <BR> <BR>Does anyone know if Club Valtur has a lot of singles who go there and what the average age is. <BR> <BR>Another issue, the weather. When is it good beach weather there.

Old Jan 27th, 2000, 07:21 AM
Liz

In March, my husband and I are considering a 10 day S. Spain/Morroco trip, is this too much to do (especially on a budget)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -