- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- great views and gardened interior
- not for those looking for big resort services
- rooms are very basic and on the small side
Hostal Iskay Review
Translating as "Hostal Two" in Quechua, this place will certainly make you do a double take when you check out the view from its gardened interior, in direct sight of the popular ruins. Tourist-trodden by day, the ruins empty out quickly around dusk, and the comfy seats outside reception are perfect for taking time out to enjoy the ethereal beauty of this age-old village. Rooms are small, but tastefully decorated and carefully kept. Owner Lluc Martinez seems to have absorbed the energy of the place and never seems to tire of answering questions about the area.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
This time we are really retiring!
Just got back from SEA and back at work and already planning our retirement trip next fall to South America.
Mid-sixties, active, healthy, husband speaks ok Spanish. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more