Mobile AppDownload Seattle - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Brandon Pettit spent years developing his thin-but-chewy pizza crust, and the final product has made him a contender for the city's best pies from the day Delancey opened. Pettit himself is usually manning the wood-fired oven at this sweetly sophisticated little spot north of downtown Ballard that he owns with wife Molly Wizenberg (author of the "Orangette" food blog). Neighborhood families and far-flung travelers alike line up before opening time for seasonal pizzas topped with anything from fresh cheeses, local clams, pork fennel sausage, blistered padron peppers, nettles, and crimini mushrooms. The small wine list is well edited and elegant; desserts are simple but inspired—the homemade chocolate chip cookie with sea salt is delish. Charming service and quirky mismatched tables and lighting make this a Ballard experience to remember.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I’m a single female from the Dallas, TX area and I have more freedom to travel than friends and family, so I’m getting accusto... Read more
We arrived at the SeaTac Airport in the late morning, picked up the rental car and headed to Mukilteo for the state ferry to Whidbey Isla... Read more