- Exotic rain forest A rain forest in the Pacific Northwest? Indeed, Olympic National Park is one of the few places in the world with this unique temperate landscape.
- Beachcombing Miles of rugged, spectacular coastline hemmed with sea stacks and tidal pools edge the driftwood-strewn shores of the Olympic Peninsula.
- Nature's hot tubs A dip in Sol Duc’s natural geothermal mineral pools offers a secluded spa experience in the wooded heart of the park.
- Lofty vistas The hardy can hike up meadowed foothill trails or climb the frosty peaks throughout the Olympics—or just drive up to Hurricane Ridge for endless views.
- A sense of history American Indian history is key to this region, where eight tribes have traditional ties to the park lands—there’s 12,000 years of human history to explore.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More