- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
This stylish Southwestern fusion outpost started in downtown Austin and currently has 10 locations in Texas and five in other Western states. (In addition to the original, there's another Austin branch at the Arboretum mall.) Z'Tejas is popular for its upscale yet unpretentious vibe and imaginative, attractively presented dishes at fair prices. Try the smoked-chicken chile relleno, a poblano stuffed with chicken, chopped pecans, apricots, jack cheese, and raisins, served with green-chili mole and roasted tomato cream. Appetizers are outstanding, particularly the grilled-shrimp and guacamole tostada bites: herb-and-pumpkin-seed tostada rounds topped with pesto-grilled shrimp, fresh guacamole, and a dash of chipotle. Peak hours can be noisy.
- Address: 1110 W. 6th St., Downtown and Capitol Area, Austin, TX 78703 | Map It
- Phone: 512/478–5355
- Website: www.ztejas.com/
- Location: Downtown and Capitol Area
- Credit cards accepted.
- 9400-A Arboretum Blvd., Northwest Austin, Austin, TX, 512/346–3506
- 10525 W. Parmer Lane, Northwest Austin, Austin, TX, 512/388–7772
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
My husband and I will have a full day to spend in Dallas. Read more
· News & Features
Austin's South by Southwest Festival kicks off next week. ... Read more
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where... Read more
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more