- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
This stylish Southwestern fusion outpost started in downtown Austin and currently has 10 locations in Texas and five in other Western states. (In addition to the original, there's another Austin branch at the Arboretum mall.) Z'Tejas is popular for its upscale yet unpretentious vibe and imaginative, attractively presented dishes at fair prices. Try the smoked-chicken chile relleno, a poblano stuffed with chicken, chopped pecans, apricots, jack cheese, and raisins, served with green-chili mole and roasted tomato cream. Appetizers are outstanding, particularly the grilled-shrimp and guacamole tostada bites: herb-and-pumpkin-seed tostada rounds topped with pesto-grilled shrimp, fresh guacamole, and a dash of chipotle. Peak hours can be noisy.
- Address: 1110 W. 6th St., Downtown & the Capitol Area, Austin, TX 78703 | Map It
- Phone: 512/478–5355
- Website: www.ztejas.com/
- Location: Downtown and Capitol Area
- Credit cards accepted.
- 9400-A Arboretum Blvd., Northwest Austin, Austin, TX, 512/346–3506
- 10525 W. Parmer Lane, Northwest Austin, Austin, TX, 512/388–7772
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The Mineola Nature preserve is a great system of trails for running, mountain biking, hiking or horseback riding in East Texas. Read more
I don’t know if anyone will read this, but I thought I would post a little report about my weekend in west Texas in case anyone does a search on this forum for Fort Davis, the McDonald Observatory, Read more
Winter break to San Antonio, from 22 to 25 Dec, alone, no car... need some good advice from you...
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Austin's never-ending list of hot new restaurants is tough to keep up with.... Read more