- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Smith Memorial Playground and Playhouse
Smith Memorial Playground and Playhouse Review
Founded in 1899, this beloved facility has been completely refurbished in recent years with state-of-the-art, age-specific equipment; the centerpiece of the 6½-acre site is the Ann Newman Giant Wooden Slide, which measures 40 feet long, 12 feet wide, and 10 feet tall, and can accommodate up to 12 children at a time.
- Address: Near 33rd and Oxford Sts., E. Fairmount Park Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, PA 19121 | Map It
- Phone: 215/765–4325
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Playground: Apr.–Oct., Tues.–Sun. 10–4; Playhouse: Tues.–Sun. 10–4
- Website: www.smithkidsplayplace.org
- Metro SEPTA bus 32, at 33rd and Oxford Sts.
- Location: Fairmount Park
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We're here! Read more
We left New Jersey and went straight to our hotel The Windsor Suites. Read more
Since San Francisco and New York have had their turn, here's some love for Philadelphia food:
1. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more