- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Smith Memorial Playground and Playhouse
Smith Memorial Playground and Playhouse Review
Founded in 1899, this beloved facility has been completely refurbished in recent years with state-of-the-art, age-specific equipment; the centerpiece of the 6½-acre site is the Ann Newman Giant Wooden Slide, which measures 40 feet long, 12 feet wide, and 10 feet tall, and can accommodate up to 12 children at a time.
- Address: Near 33rd and Oxford Sts., E. Fairmount Park Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, PA 19121 | Map It
- Phone: 215/765–4325
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Playground: Apr.–Oct., Tues.–Sun. 10–4; Playhouse: Tues.–Sun. 10–4
- Website: www.smithkidsplayplace.org
- Metro SEPTA bus 32, at 33rd and Oxford Sts.
- Location: Fairmount Park
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
That's quite a mouthful, so I'll just use Tinicum for short.
Today was a gorgeous spring day, the first day that really felt like spring all the way through. Happily, this was also the day chosen for ou Read more
We're here! Read more
We were supposed to visit Lancaster a few years ago, but the trip fell through. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more