- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Stone House Market
Stone House Market Review
Situated in an obscure, off-the-beaten path residential area west of Asheville (you may need a GPS to find it), Stone House Market occupies a 1920s service station, renovated with an eye for kitsch. Be prepared to linger over dinner because the only staff is the couple who own it (Dan cooks, Debbie handles the front of the house). You'll definitely get your money's worth–a huge serving of beautifully charred pork ribs in a chipotle sauce with mashed potatoes and vegetables, comes with a salad and delicious fresh-baked bread, all for under $20. Accompany it with a glass of house red from Australia. The menu at this little restaurant–it seats only 30–changes weekly, but there's usually a choice of fish, pork, lamb or beef, pasta, and chicken. And, oh yes, the bathroom is outside and around the back, just like it was when this was still a gas station.
- Address: 301 Old Leicester Hwy., West Metro, Asheville, NC 28806
- Phone: 828/252–1200
- Hours: Open for dinner Thurs.–Sun.
- Location: Asheville
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
This is a beautiful peak near Charlotte, at 5,946 feet (1,812 m), it is the highest peak on the eastern side of the Blue Ridge Mountains, one of the major chains of the Appalachian Mountains. Read more
My husband and I are going via pop-up to the smokies and back to Maryland. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more