- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Stone House Market
Stone House Market Review
Situated in an obscure, off-the-beaten path residential area west of Asheville (you may need a GPS to find it), Stone House Market occupies a 1920s service station, renovated with an eye for kitsch. Be prepared to linger over dinner because the only staff is the couple who own it (Dan cooks, Debbie handles the front of the house). You'll definitely get your money's worth–a huge serving of beautifully charred pork ribs in a chipotle sauce with mashed potatoes and vegetables, comes with a salad and delicious fresh-baked bread, all for under $20. Accompany it with a glass of house red from Australia. The menu at this little restaurant–it seats only 30–changes weekly, but there's usually a choice of fish, pork, lamb or beef, pasta, and chicken. And, oh yes, the bathroom is outside and around the back, just like it was when this was still a gas station.
- Address: 301 Old Leicester Hwy., West Metro, Asheville, NC 28806
- Phone: 828/252–1200
- Hours: Open for dinner Thurs.–Sun.
- Location: Asheville
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Needing to see some spring flowers and warmer weather, we headed to North Carolina last week to check out Bryson City, Cherokee and do some hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains.
We stayed at the Hampto Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
We are looking at spending some time in the NC mountains in June with our boys (10 and 13) before having to be in Rabun County, GA. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more