- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Orleans 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Rio Mar Review
The seafood-centric menu here explores the flavors of Spain and Latin America. For entrées, try the serrano ham-wrapped tuna or the stew-like zarzuela with chunks of fish and shellfish in a peppery red broth. New chef Miles Prescott has kept the favorites while adding extra layers of flavor. It's all tapas at lunch, when you tick off your selections on a small menu card: options include salty Spanish ham, roasted peppers, Manchego cheese, and marinated seafood. The dining room's low ceiling and tiled floor mean that the atmosphere can get loud and boisterous—but this, and the decor, are very reminiscent of good times in Barcelona.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Not even sure it is worth marking this as a real trip report, but I will anyway. Read more
A summary for those who don’t like to read long reports: we had a week with Road Scholar (former Elderhostel), saw a lot, ate a lot, learned a lot. Read more
Hi, I'm wanting to do a road trip from Nashville to Dallas. Read more
· News & Features
Celebrate Mardi Gras like a New Orleans local this year. ... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more