This historic Greek Revival mansion was built in 1859 for the Greek consul in New Orleans and was a significant part of the original expansion of New Orleans into this neighborhood. Directly across from the Degas House, this intersection forms something of a historical hub. The house earned the nickname "Rendezvous des Chasseurs" (meeting place of hunters) during the 19th century when much of this area was still undeveloped swampland. The gorgeous house and gardens are
now primarily a private event space and a popular setting for New Orleans weddings.