- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
"New World" is the label Louisiana native Susan Spicer applies to her cooking style, and resulting delicious dishes include the goat cheese crouton with mushrooms, a Bayona specialty, or the Caribbean pumpkin soup with coconut. A legendary favorite at lunch is the sandwich of smoked duck, cashew peanut butter, and pepper jelly. A three-course small-plates lunch is available on Saturday for $25. The imaginative dishes on the constantly changing menu are served in an early-19th-century Creole cottage that glows with flower arrangements, elegant photographs, and trompe l'oeil murals suggesting Mediterranean landscapes. Don't skip the sweets, like a maple-semolina cake with golden-raisin compote and pomegranate sauce.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
This year we decided to visit New Orleans. Read more
· News & Features
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles, ... Read more
New Orleans brought a whole new meaning to "cocktail party" when it transformed into a raucous drinking... Read more
You might think that most historically significant events are well-marked at landmarks we're all familia... Read more