- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Maui 2014
You don't have to wrestle with the restaurant's formidable name (it's Hawaii's state fish); simply tell the valet or concierge you're going to Hoo-moo-hoo-moo. The Polynesian-style thatch-roofed, open-air restaurant "floats" atop a saltwater lagoon. It's exotic, romantic, and well suited for special occasions. Dinner is accompanied nightly by heavenly sunsets. Obviously, fresh fish dominates the menu here, but there's also Kobe beef, lamb, and even a vegetarian plate. Order the "Growing Future Farmers Salad"—$1 of each one sold goes to the Maui County Farm Bureau program of the same name. For dessert, try an over-the-top coconut rice pudding tower or Humu hula pie.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are half way through our annual winter trip to the island of Hawaii. Read more
JANUARY 2014 ANNIVERSARY TRIP TO THE BIG ISLAND:
HOOKED ON HILO; KOHALA COAST IS COSTLY!
Recommended: 5/5 stars:
Shipman House Bed & Breakfast Inn
on “Reed's Island” i Read more
I need to be in Hilo for 2 days but would prefer to stay in the Kona side. Read more
· News & Features
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where ... Read more
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year.... Read more
When on Maui, you'll have no trouble finding a good meal.... Read more