- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
Among the local Latin population this 68-seat eatery is a low-budget favorite for Nicaraguan and Mexican flavors. It helps if you know Spanish, but the menu is bilingual and some staffers speak English. Although they term it comidas rapidas (fast food), the cuisine is not Americanized. You can get authentic huevos rancheros or chilaquiles (corn tortillas cooked in red-pepper sauce) for breakfast. Specialties include chicharron en salsa verde (fried pork skin in hot-green-tomato sauce). Hearty seafood and beef soups are top sellers. If you want (or dare), Mexican plates from tacos to tostadas can be made with beef tongue. Choose among domestic or imported beers, and escape south of the border.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
And economical. Read more