- Nostalgia Old neon signs, historic motels, and restored (or neglected but still striking) rail stations abound across this desert landscape. Don't miss the classic eateries along the way, including Summit Inn in Oak Hills and Emma Jean's Holland Burger Cafe in Victorville.
- Death Valley wonders Visit this distinctive landscape to tour some of the most varied desert terrain in the world.
- Great ghost towns California's gold rush brought miners to the Mojave, and the towns they left behind have their own unique charms.
- Cool down in Sierra country Head up U.S. 395 toward Bishop to visit the High Sierra, home to majestic Mt. Whitney.
- Explore ancient history The Mojave Desert is replete with rare petroglyphs, some dating back almost 16,000 years.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More