- Down under Forestiere Underground Gardens is not the flashiest tourist attraction in California, but it is one of the strangest—and oddly inspirational.
- Grape escape In the past two decades, Lodi's wineries have grown sufficiently in stature for the charming little town to become a must-sip destination.
- Utopian spirit A century ago, a small but resourceful group of citizens established the state's first all–African American town. Colonel Allensworth State Historic Park celebrates their utopian spirit.
- Go with the flow White-water rafting will get your blood pumping, and maybe your clothes wet, on the Stanislaus River near Oakdale.
- Hee haw! Kick up your heels and break out your drawl at Buck Owens' Crystal Palace in Bakersfield, a city some believe is the heart of country music.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More