- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bata Shoe Museum
Bata Shoe Museum Review
Created by Sonja Bata, wife of the founder of the Bata Shoe Company, this shoe museum holds a permanent collection of 10,000 varieties of foot coverings and, through the changing fashions, highlights the craft and sociology of making shoes. Some items date back more than 4,000 years. Pressurized skydiving boots, iron-spiked shoes used for crushing chestnuts, and smugglers' clogs are among the items on display. Elton John's boots have proved wildly popular, but Marilyn Monroe's red leather pumps give them a run for their money. Ongoing exhibits feature the bear-fur shoes of samurai and Napoléon Bonaparte's black silk socks. Admission is free every Thursday from 5 to 8 pm.
- Address: 327 Bloor St. W, at St. George St. The Annex, Toronto, ON M5S 1WT | Map It
- Phone: 416/979–7799
- Cost: C$14
- Hours: Mon.–Wed., Fri., and Sat. 10–5, Thurs. 10–8, Sun. noon–5
- Website: www.batashoemuseum.ca
- Metro St. George.
- Location: Queen's Park, The Annex, Yorkville, and Little Italy
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you. ... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more