- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rogers Centre Review
One of Toronto's most famous landmarks, the Rogers Centre is home to baseball's Blue Jays and was the world's first stadium with a fully retractable roof. Rogers Communications, the owner of the Blue Jays, bought the stadium, formerly known as the SkyDome, in February 2005 for a mere C$25 million. A new playing surface and a state-of-the-art integrated scoring and display system were added, including two color screens that display the action on either side of the outfield wall. One way to see the 52,000-seat stadium is to buy tickets for a Blue Jays or Argos game or one of the many other events that take place here. You might watch a cricket match, Wrestlemania, a monster-truck race, a family ice show, or a rock concert—even the large-scale opera Aïda has been performed here. You can also take a one-hour guided walking tour. Depending on several factors, you may find yourself in the middle of the field, in a press box, in the dressing rooms, or, if a roof tour is available, 36 stories above home plate on a catwalk.
- Address: 1 Blue Jays Way, tour entrance at Front and John Sts., between Gates 1 and 2 Harbourfront, Toronto, ON M5V 1J1 | Map It
- Phone: 416/341–2770 for tours; 416/341–3663 for events and shows; 416/341–1234 for ticket information; 888/654–6529 for Blue Jays information
- Cost: Tour C$16
- Hours: Tours 11–4 hourly (canceled during special events)
- Website: www.rogerscentre.com
- Metro Union.
- Location: Harbourfront, the Financial District, and Old Town
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you.... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more