- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kortright Centre for Conservation
Kortright Centre for Conservation Review
Only 15 minutes north of the city, this delightful conservation center has three aquariums, more than 16 km (10 miles) of hiking trails through forest, meadow, river, and marshland, and a renewable-energy cottage that demonstrates what life would be like off the grid (interior tours first Saturday of every month at 11:30, 1:30, and 3 from February to October). In winter some of the trails are reserved for cross-country skiing (C$18 to use the trail; equipment rentals available). In the magnificent woods there have been sightings of foxes, coyotes, rabbits, deer, wild turkeys, pheasants, chickadees, finches, and blue jays. Seasonal events include a dogsled race, a spring maple-syrup festival, and a Christmas crafts fair. Nature day camps and day-long energy conservation workshops are offered throughout the year for an extra fee. To get here, drive 3 km (2 miles) north along Highway 400, exit west at Major Mackenzie Drive, and continue south 1 km (½ mile) on Pine Valley Drive to the gate.
- Address: 9550 Pine Valley Dr., Outlying Suburbs, Woodbridge, ON L4H 226 | Map It
- Phone: 905/832–2289; 416/667–6295 Ext. 3 for workshops and camps
- Cost: C$6.50, special events C$10, parking C$4 (weekends only)
- Hours: Daily 10–4:30
- Website: www.kortright.org
- Location: Outlying Suburbs
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Any first hand adivce/opinions on which carrier to use for a flight from Toronto to Barbados. Read more
· News & Features
While the temperature is dropping in Toronto, the city's bar scene is just heating up. ... Read more
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you.... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more