- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
George R. Gardiner Museum of Ceramic Art
George R. Gardiner Museum of Ceramic Art Review
This collection of rare ceramics includes 17th-century English delftware and 18th-century yellow European porcelain; its pre-Columbian collection dates to Olmec and Maya times. Other galleries feature Japanese Kakiemon-style pottery and Chinese white-and-blue porcelain. If your visit coincides with lunchtime, hit the Gardiner Bistro for light dishes like West-Coast salmon with local greens. Free guided tours take place at 2 pm daily; or you can join a drop-in session in the clay studio (Wed. and Fri. 6–8 pm; Sun. 1–3 pm; C$15). Admission is half-price on Friday after 4 (or free on the third Friday of every month after 4).
- Address: 111 Queen's Park Crescent, Yorkville, Toronto, ON M5S 2C7 | Map It
- Phone: 416/586–8080; 416/362–1957 Restaurant reservations
- Cost: C$12
- Hours: Mon.–Thurs. 10–6, Fri. 10–9, weekends 10–5
- Website: www.gardinermuseum.on.ca
- Metro Museum.
- Location: Queen's Park, The Annex, Yorkville, and Little Italy
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Just moved to Toronto, and looking for ideas for quick day trips around the area to get an idea of our new neighbourhood. Read more
· News & Features
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you.... Read more
Toronto has always been one of our northern neighbor's hot-spots for art, music, food, and nightlife,... Read more
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more