- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel Blue Chairs
At a Glance
- a great place to enjoy nonstop evening activities
- right on the gay beach
- concierge service
- significant low-season and online discounts
- few amenities
- lackadaisical service by beachside waiters
- slow elevators
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hotel Blue Chairs Review
In the past two years, previously tired rooms have been revived; they are still modest but now have flat screen TVs, twin lamps on bedside tables, antique-white furnishings, and pretty paint jobs. Still, the mostly gay clientele stays here not for the rooms but for all that Blue Chairs offers as a social destination. Drag and strip shows, theme nights, events, parties, booze cruises, and beach cruising all begin—and often end—right here. It's worth the difference in price to upgrade from an interior room to a partial- or full-ocean view room with a larger balcony.
- Address: Almendro 4, at malecón, Los Muertos Beach, Col. E. Zapata, Puerto Vallarta, 48380 | Map It
- Phone: 322/222-5040; 888/302-3662 in U.S.; 866/403-8497 in Canada
- Website: www.hotelbluechairs.com
- Location: Zona Romántica
- 24 rooms, 16 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $149-$156 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort w/Spa Credit BookIt.com
- $439 & up -- Riviera Maya 3 Nts. All-Incl. w/Air, Kids Free CheapCaribbean.com
- $4.39 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
- $109-$139 -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Family Resort — $109-$139 BookIt.com
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
My boyfriend just told me today, we should visit Tequila on our planned trip to PV.
We add to calendar a visit to Guadalajara since it is one of my favorite mexican cities, but have never been in Tequila. Read more
· News & Features
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting ... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more
For a walking vacation, stay in Old Vallarta or Marina Vallarta.... Read more