- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel Blue Chairs
At a Glance
- a great place to enjoy nonstop evening activities
- right on the gay beach
- concierge service
- significant low-season and online discounts
- few amenities
- lackadaisical service by beachside waiters
- slow elevators
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Blue Chairs Review
In the past two years, previously tired rooms have been revived; they are still modest but now have flat screen TVs, twin lamps on bedside tables, antique-white furnishings, and pretty paint jobs. Still, the mostly gay clientele stays here not for the rooms but for all that Blue Chairs offers as a social destination. Drag and strip shows, theme nights, events, parties, booze cruises, and beach cruising all begin—and often end—right here. It's worth the difference in price to upgrade from an interior room to a partial- or full-ocean view room with a larger balcony.
- Address: Almendro 4, at malecón, Los Muertos Beach Col. E. Zapata, Puerto Vallarta, 48380 | Map It
- Phone: 322/222–5040; 888/302–3662 in U.S.; 866/403–8497 in Canada
- Website: www.hotelbluechairs.com
- Location: Zona Romántica
- 24 rooms, 16 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
While I have not yet received the pics of the Stripped Marlin I caught in Cabo - the one who jumped completely out of the water at least 8 times (looked like a Rainbow Trout it was so agile - but hey - Read more
hola mi amigos- Just returned from 10 glorious days in my beloved Puerto Vallarta, so here is my new thread for this most recent trip.
The weather was HOT, from 82-87 degree range but hit 95 at couple Read more
Hi...is there a less known airport (than Cancun) if we want to visit mexican pyramids? Flying into Cancun seems so expensive for the christmas break (Yes, unfortunately, we were unable to plan a vacatio Read more
· News & Features
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over. ... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more