- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
Hotel Blue Chairs
At a Glance
- a great place to enjoy nonstop evening activities
- right on the gay beach
- concierge service
- significant low-season and online discounts
- few amenities
- lackadaisical service by beachside waiters
- slow elevators
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Blue Chairs Review
In the past two years, previously tired rooms have been revived; they are still modest but now have flat screen TVs, twin lamps on bedside tables, antique-white furnishings, and pretty paint jobs. Still, the mostly gay clientele stays here not for the rooms but for all that Blue Chairs offers as a social destination. Drag and strip shows, theme nights, events, parties, booze cruises, and beach cruising all begin—and often end—right here. It's worth the difference in price to upgrade from an interior room to a partial- or full-ocean view room with a larger balcony.
- Address: Almendro 4, at malecón, Los Muertos Beach Col. E. Zapata, Puerto Vallarta, 48380 | Map It
- Phone: 322/222–5040; 888/302–3662 in U.S.; 866/403–8497 in Canada
- Website: www.hotelbluechairs.com
- Location: Zona Romántica
- 24 rooms, 16 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Mexico City, Cartagena and Bogotá. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more