- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
The most bustling community on the island, French Harbour is home to one of the largest fishing fleets in the western Caribbean. The best supermarket on the island, Eldon's, is located at the entrance to the town. It stocks everything you could need for a picnic on the beach or an overnight stay on one of the deserted islets. Like Coxen Hole, however, the town is a gritty industrial town and is a better stop for visiting banks and shopping than as a final destination.
French Harbour at a Glance
Elsewhere in Roatán
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's