St. Mary's Vale
St. Mary's Vale Review
These ancient woodlands are at their best in fall, but a beautiful spot at any time of year. To find St. Mary's Vale, take Chapel Road north. Turn left after the farm at the end of the canopy of trees, then keep left at the small junction and you'll arrive at the car park. Nearby, the Hershey's Kiss–shape Sugar Loaf Mountain forms the southern tip of the Black Mountains. The 2,000-foot ascent (with a handy parking lot halfway up) is easily manageable and treats you to sensational views.
- Address: Dunmar Farm, Pentre La., Abergavenny, NP7 7LA.
- Location: Abergavenny
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My boyfriend (D) and I went on a semi-vacation for a few weeks in the Fall of 2013. Read more
PROLOGUE – Shut Out and Scrambling For Lodging
The still-to-this-day-maddening email arrived about 48 hours before Kim, Mary, Tracy and I were to take-off from LAX to London: “London Property Read more
DH & I have been looking for an area to stay in the Lake District and Keswick seems to keep popping up as the preferred town in the research we have done so far. Read more
· News & Features
Apparently the UK loves sleeping in trees—the treehouse hotel trend has swept the region, making ... Read more
Lush and rugged Wales is never more inviting than when summer temps get to the point of stifling back... Read more
We don't want to make you upset, but the season finale of Downton Abbey (in the US anyway) is this Sunday.... Read more