Fodor's England 2014
St. Mary's Vale
St. Mary's Vale Review
These ancient woodlands are at their best in fall, but a beautiful spot at any time of year. To find St. Mary's Vale, take Chapel Road north. Turn left after the farm at the end of the canopy of trees, then keep left at the small junction and you'll arrive at the car park. Nearby, the Hershey's Kiss–shape Sugar Loaf Mountain forms the southern tip of the Black Mountains. The 2,000-foot ascent (with a handy parking lot halfway up) is easily manageable and treats you to sensational views.
- Address: Dunmar Farm, Pentre La., Abergavenny, NP7 7LA.
- Location: Abergavenny
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
Apparently the UK loves sleeping in trees—the treehouse hotel trend has swept the region, making ... Read more
Lush and rugged Wales is never more inviting than when summer temps get to the point of stifling back... Read more
We don't want to make you upset, but the season finale of Downton Abbey (in the US anyway) is this Sunday.... Read more