Centro de Conde Duque
Centro de Conde Duque Review
Built by Pedro de Ribera in 1717–30 to accommodate the Regiment of the Royal Guard, this imposing building has gigantic proportions (the facade is 250 yards long) and was used as a military academy and an astronomical observatory in the 19th century. A fire damaged the upper floors in 1869, and after some decay it was partially renovated and turned into a cultural and arts center, with temporary art exhibitions in some of its spaces, including the public and historical libraries. In summer, concerts are held outside in the main plaza.
View deals in Madrid for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More