- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Italian Phrases
Fodor's Essential Italy
Villa La Massa
At a Glance
- pleasing mix of city and country life
- sumptuous buffet breakfast
- views of the Tuscan hills
- phenomenal staff
- even with shuttle, a car is a necessity
- not open year-round
Check Rates from our Partners
Villa La Massa Review
In this tall and imposing villa, 15 minutes out of town, public rooms are outfitted in Renaissance style and guest rooms have high ceilings, plush carpeting, and deep bathtubs. A pool and beautiful views of the Arno are bonuses. The superb Il Verocchio restaurant serves Tuscan classics using local seasonal ingredients; a pianist quietly plays old standards while you eat. A shuttle bus runs every hour to and from the center of Florence, but the place is so peaceful, you might not want to bother.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Trip to Sicily: March 3-22, 2014
My husband and I had originally planned a trip to Sicily for last September but, due to family issues, we had to postpone the trip until this March. Read more
I'm planning to drive a rental car in Southern Tuscany for a week.
How reliable the GPS is in Tuscany? Do I really need a detailed local map or GPS will be good enough?
Thanks for your help. Read more
· News & Features
Florence may not be first on your list of up-and-coming cities, but the Renaissance City is constantly ... Read more
Feeling a little down on your luck?... Read more
Few countries can offer what Italy can in the way of local culinary specialties, art, and architecture,... Read more