- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Beautiful Titisee, carved by a glacier in the last ice age, is the most scenic lake in the Black Forest. The landscape is heavily wooded and ideal for long bike tours, which can be organized through the Titisee tourist office. The lake measures 2½ km (1½ mi) long and is invariably crowded in summer. Stop by one of the many lakeside cafés to enjoy some of the region's best Black Forest cherry cake with an unparalleled waterside view. Boats and Windsurfers can be rented at several points along the shore.
Elsewhere in The Black Forest
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's