- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
One of the unusual sights of the Black Forest is the Kaiserstuhl (Emperor’s Chair), a volcanic outcrop clothed in vineyards that produce some of Baden's best wines—reds from the Spätburgunder grape and whites that have an uncanny depth. A third of Baden's wines are produced in this single area, which has the warmest climate in Germany. The especially dry and warm microclimate has given rise to tropical vegetation, including sequoias and a wide variety of orchids.
Kaiserstuhl at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Black Forest
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's