- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hôtel de la Place des Vosges
At a Glance
- excellent location near famous sights and public transportation
- traditional ambience
- reasonable rates
- no air-conditioning
- most rooms are very small
- street-facing rooms can be noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel de la Place des Vosges Review
Despite a Lilliputian elevator that doesn't serve all floors, this small, simple hotel just off the 17th-century Place des Vosges draws a loyal clientele. The Louis XIII–style reception area evokes the Old Marais with oak-beam ceilings, rough-hewn stone, and a mix of rustic finds from secondhand shops. Many of the standard rooms still have their original beams and stone walls, as well as modern, if tiny, tiled bathroom. Accessible by a narrow staircase, the lone top-floor room, the hotel's largest, has a whirlpool tub and A limited view over the rooftops. Other rooms are considerably smaller but cheaper. Fans are provided in summer, and Internet access is available, but not reliable.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
I have been planning this trip for over a year and a half. Read more
· News & Features
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. ... Read more
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants... Read more
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City o... Read more