- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Standard Design Hôtel
At a Glance
- friendly service
- personalized gift packs
- funky shopping and nightlife district
- street noise
- some rooms very small
- interior design lacks traditional Parisian charm
Check Rates from our Partners
Standard Design Hôtel Review
For an ultra-contemporary hotel in the hipster corner of the Bastille district, the Standard Design is anything but standard. Its sleek facade and black-and-white interior reflect the mood of its fashion-forward clientele, and the fairly affordable rates don't clash with the neighborhood's funky boutiques and retro bistros. In-room stylings include chunky duvets, flat-screen TVs, and white lacquered furnishings. A bright breakfast room is on the top floor. Massages and manicures are available in your room.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
I will be going to Paris on business in early August. Read more
· News & Features
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. ... Read more
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants... Read more
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City o... Read more