- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Église Jeanne d'Arc (Joan of Arc Church)
Église Jeanne d'Arc (Joan of Arc Church) Review
Dedicated to Joan of Arc, this church was built in the 1970s on the spot where she was burned to death in 1431. The aesthetic merit of its odd cement-and-wood design is debatable—the shape of the roof is supposed to evoke the flames of Joan's fire. Not all is new, however: the church showcases some remarkable 16th-century stained-glass windows taken from the former Église St-Vincent, bombed out in 1944. The adjacent Musée Jeanne-d'Arc relates Joan's history with waxworks and documents.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent a week at the end of May exploring the Dordogne from a base near Sarlat-la-Canéda. Read more
Bikerscott and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary in Paris last weekend and thought I would share our pictures and restaurants.
We usually stay in the 11th but I have always wanted to try Le Marais Read more
Hi we are an Australian family of 2 adults and 2 children (11 and 8) who are planning on visiting family in Malta and incorporating a 5 week European holiday( as it is very expensive for 4 of us to fly Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more