- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
Club Alpin Français. From at least December to April, Corsica's upper reaches are snowed in, creating options for both alpine and cross-country skiing; consult the Club Alpin Français in Ajaccio to receive trail maps and contact information for guides and excursions. Asco, 20276. 04–95–22–73–81. haute-corse.ffcam.fr.
Office National des Forêts. For information about hiking up Monte Cinto, contact the Office National des Forêts. The asssociation has everything you need to know about local terrain, best hiking trails, vegetation, fauna, and indigenous species of the entire island. Asco, 20276. 04–95–32–81–90. www.onf.fr/corse.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe