- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Boating and Sailing
Ligue Corse de Voile. Questions about sailing? Contact the Ligue Corse de Voile, the official French federation for pleasure boating and windsurfing. Port de la Citadelle, Ajaccio. 04–95–21–07–79 or 04–95–60–49–43. www.liguecorsedevoile.org.
NAVE VA Promenades en Mer. NAVE VA operates boating excursions year-round to the Golf of Ajaccio, Îles Sanguinaires, Natural Reserve of Scandola-Girolata, Calanches de Piana, and the chalk cliffs of Bonifacio. Residence L'Oree de Bois, 2 rue J.B. Marcaggi, Batiment A, Ajaccio, 20090. 04–95–51-31-31 Ajaccio; 04–95–25–94–14 Porticcio. www.naveva.com.
Societé Nautique d'Ajaccio. Perfect for children and passionate about sailing, the Nautical Society of Ajaccio founded in 1867 specializes in training young skippers (7 years and older) on petits bateaux and Hobie Cats. Adults are also welcome. Fossés de la Citadelle, Port Tino Rossi, Ajaccio, 20000. 04–95–21–40–43. www.snajaccio.asso.fr. Mon.–Sat., 9–noon and 1:30–5:30.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe