- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
It's easy to get to major towns in the region by train. Most sites can be reached by regular train service, except for the Champagne vineyards, which require a car. There are frequent daily services from Paris (Gare du Nord) to Beauvais, Amiens, and Laon (taking up to two leisurely hours to cover 140 km [87 miles]). The super-express TGV service covers the 170 km (105 miles) from Paris (Gare de l'Est) to Reims in 45 minutes. Cross-country services connect Reims to Épernay (20 mins), Châlons (40 mins), and Amiens (2 hrs) via Laon (35 mins).
Gare SNCF Reims (Bd. Joffre, 51100. 36–35 SCNF, €0.34 per min; 08–91–67–10–08 TER Regional, €0.225 per min.)
SNCF (36–35 €0.34 per min. www.voyages-sncf.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's