Musée de la Reddition (Museum of the Surrender)
Musée de la Reddition (Museum of the Surrender) Review
Also known as the Salle du 8-Mai-1945 or the "little red school house," this museum is a well-preserved map-covered room used by General Eisenhower as Allied headquarters at the end of World War II. It was here that General Alfred Jodl signed the German surrender at 2:41 am on May 7, 1945. Fighting officially ceased at midnight the next day. The museum also presents a collection of local photos, documents, uniforms, and artifacts recounting the fighting, occupation, and liberation of Reims. Guided tours begin with a short film in English and French.
View deals in Champagne Country for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More