- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The usual shop hours are Monday-Saturday 9-5:30 and Sunday noon-5. Around Oxford Street, High Street Kensington, and Knightsbridge, hours are 9:30-6, with late-night hours (until 7:30 or 8) on Wednesday or Thursday.
Many businesses are closed on Sunday and national ("bank") holidays, except in the center, where most open 10-4.
Banks are open weekdays 9:30-4:30; offices are generally open 9-5:30.
The major national museums and galleries are open daily, with shorter hours on weekends than weekdays. Often they are open late one night a week.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe