- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- historic luxury in 1930s building
- lovely views of Hyde Park
- top-notch star-spotting
- excellent spa
- Michelin-starred dining from Alain Ducasse
- traditional look is not to all tastes
- prices are high
- some rooms are rather small
Check Rates from our Partners
The Dorchester Review
Few hotels this opulent manage to be as personable as the Dorchester, which opened in 1939 and boasts a prime Park Lane location with unparalleled glamour—gold leaf and marble adorn the public spaces, and guest quarters are awash in English country house-meets-Art Deco style. Guest rooms have Irish linen sheets on canopied beds, acres of brocades and velvets, and Italian marble and etched-glass bathrooms with exclusive toiletries created by Floris. In 2012, 22 new Dorchester and Park Suites were redesiged by Alexandra Champalimaud to add modern touches to the timeless style. Three elegant-to-the-point-of-fussy restaurants include one three-Michelin-star spot helmed by Alain Ducasse that is always making headlines. Afternoon Tea in the lobby is a classic, while the award-winning spa, unveiled in 2009, is popular with locals and in-house guests; as with the hotel, both categories include a healthy dose of celebs and the jet set.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more