Fodor's London 25 Best
Mobile AppDownload London - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
HMS Belfast Review
At 613.5 feet, this is one of the last remaining big-gun armored warships from World War II, in which it played an important role in prtoecting the Arctic convoys and supporting the D-Day landings in Normandy; the ship later saw action during the Korean War. The Belfast has been moored in the Thames as a maritime branch of the IWM London since 1971. A tour of all nine decks—which include the Admiral's quarters, mess decks, bakery, punishment cells, operations room, engine room, and more—gives a vivid picture of life on board the ship, while the riveting interactive gun turret experience puts you in the middle of a World War II naval battle.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In a couple of days we will be off to London and Italy. Traveling with my husband (DH) and 2 children (10 & 13) DD and DS. We are off... Read more
Aided by every guide book and travel video ever created about Scotland, a lifetime of my father's stories about the family clan, and ... Read more