- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park
At a Glance
- Great shopping at your doorstep
- amazing views of Hyde Park
- excellent service
- nothing comes cheap
- you must dress for dinner (and lunch and breakfast)
Check Rates from our Partners
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park Review
Built in 1880, the Mandarin Oriental welcomes you with one of the most exuberantly Victorian facades in town, then fast-forwards you to high-trend modern London, thanks to striking and luxurious guest rooms filled with high-tech gadgets. Legendary British chef and "food alchemist" Heston Blumenthal oversees the restaurant, or there's New York–based Daniel Boulud's French brasserie, Bar Boulud. There's a butler on every floor, should you, for example, need assistance with the pillow menu (yes, really). For the 99% of us who can't afford to stay here, cocktails in the Mandarin Bar offers a glamorous (and surprisingly relaxed) taste of London high society.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more