- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Bring a Bit of England Home
To avoid panic-buying a bulk pack of Cadbury chocolate at Heathrow, it's wise to plan your gift purchasing with care.
For everything under one roof, unique department store Liberty is hard to beat—here you'll find everything from exquisite Miller Harris fragrances by British perfumer Lyn Harris to small leather goods embossed with the famous Liberty prints.
Fortnum & Mason is even more sensational on its floors packed with carefully curated and sweetly stylish offerings, such as leather-covered hip flasks and model boats with Union Jack sails. Of course, it is world famous for its beautifully packaged biscuits, teas, and unusual condiments.
For the men back home, consider some traditional shaving cream from Geo. F. Trumper.
The museum shops are also bursting with original gift ideas, from Brit Art books and posters at Tate Modern to double-decker bus models and Tube-map mouse pads at the London Transport Museum in Covent Garden.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe