- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Orford Castle Review
Small and squat, this castle surveys the flatlands from atop a green mound favored by picnickers in summer. Its splendid triple-tower keep was built from 1165 to 1173 as a coastal defense. Climb it for a view over what was once a medieval port; the 6-mile shingle (small pebbles) bank of Orford Ness eventually cut off direct access to the sea. Below ground are medieval tunnels and an original well, while the upper hall holds Orford's museum and its collection of Roman brooches.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
My friend and I are taking a cruise that ends in Marseille, France. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more