- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dóm svatého Václava (Cathedral of St. Wenceslas)
Dóm svatého Václava (Cathedral of St. Wenceslas) Review
Between the main square and this cathedral lies a peaceful neighborhood given over to huge buildings, mostly belonging either to the university or the archbishop. The church itself is impressive, but its Gothic appearance comes only from a 19th-century makeover. A plaque marks the fact that Pope John Paul II celebrated mass there in 1995. The crypt, open in the summer and fall, has a marble box with the heart of an archduke who otherwise is buried in Vienna. Some ecclesiastical treasures are also on display.
- Address: Václavské nám., Olomouc, Moravia 771 00
- Hours: Church open daily; Crypt open: May–Oct. Mon.–Wed. 10–5, Thurs. 9–4, Fri. 9–5, Sat.–Sun. 11–5
- Location: Olomouc
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Hi, there. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more