There's daily international bus service to Rijeka from Italy (Trieste), Slovenia (Ljubljana and Nova Gorica), and Germany (Dortmund, Frankfurt, Munich, and Stuttgart). You can also reach destinations all over mainland Croatia from Rijeka and Opatija. Timetable information is available from the Rijeka Bus Terminal.
Buses travel from Rijeka to all the major towns on the mainland and the islands at least once a day. If you're traveling independently, you'll find that buses to the various islands are roughly scheduled to tie in with ferry services.
Autotrans (Žabica 1, Rijeka, 51000. 060/302–010. www.autotrans.hr.)
Rijeka Bus Terminal (Žabica 1, Rijeka, 51000. 060/302–010.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's