Fodor's Croatia and Slovenia, 2nd Edition
Plavi Podrum Review
Although this is one of the more traditional fish restaurants in Volosko, don't be fooled into thinking it's not classy. The owner has been "Sommelier of the Year" twice in this young century. All the usuals are cooked excellently here for you, but jaja od hobotnice ("octopus egg") is a house special featuring squid, octopus, caviar, mustard, and fresh spinach. The terrace is a little more relaxed than inside.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year me and my friends decided to take a trip to Europe, but not the more touristy western part of the continent, but the lesser traveled Eastern part of the same. Read more
In late September/early October, my husband and I took our honeymoon: a week-long cycling trip from Venice to Porec, followed by a (non-cycling) week of wine tasting and relaxing in Istria and Slovenia. Read more
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters.... Read more
'Tis the season for truffled travels.... Read more
Croatia is filled to the brim with spectacular food and drink—olive oil and grapevines, lobste... Read more